Caramel colored hair is one of the most popular hair colors because it’s easy to maintain, universally flattering and perfect for almost anyone. Whether you have dark brown, blonde or red hair, it’s easy to achieve this rich hue by incorporating caramel treatment hair highlights. If you’re ready to take the next step and go full caramel with your hair color, these tips will help you get there in no time! The caramel treatment is a technique that many hairstylists use on clients who want to get that rich auburn hue without using dye. If you’re not ready to go all the way with your new look yet, read on for some information about getting the caramels treatment so that you can walk into your local salon with confidence the next time you get your locks refreshed.
What is caramel treatment hair?
The caramel treatment is a hair dyeing technique that adds warmth and dimension, while still having the longevity of a permanent hair color. Aim is to achieve a rich reddish golden blonde that seems like it’s been achieved naturally through the sun. This treatment works by lifting the hair to a level 9-10, which is the lightest possible level while still containing enough red pigments to achieve a warm dark golden blonde. After the treatment, your hair will still be a little darker than you want. Doing this will also ensure that your hair doesn’t end up getting too brassy. You can also go for the all-or-nothing option and go for a full head of highlights. This will give you the light brown hair color that you want, but it might be a little more expensive than getting the treatment alone.
How to get the caramel treatment hair at home?
The caramel treatment is only recommended for people who have virgin hair. If you are a brunette who wants a caramel colour, you will have to bleach your hair first before applying the color. If you have virgin hair, here’s what you need to do to get the caramel treatment at home:
• Firstly, you will have to lighten your hair with a semi-permanent hair lightener. Choose a formula that has a lot of red pigments in it. This will reflect the most warmth and will make your hair appear more red.
• You can also add a red-based conditioner to your regular conditioner in order to boost the red pigment in your hair.
• The next step is to go a little bit darker with your base color. You can do this by applying a dark brown hair dye and waiting for it to develop fully.
• Finally, apply a warm reddish golden blonde hair color. This is the same formula that you would use to achieve a full caramel treatment in a salon.
Go for gold with a permanent caramel treatment hair color
If you’re ready to go all the way and you’re not interested in taking the time or money required to build up to a rich caramel treatment hair color with highlights, you can always opt for a permanent color. First of all, make sure that you choose a color that’s warm and rich in red tones. Ideally, it should be a shade that’s a little bit darker than your natural hair colour. This will ensure that the caramel treatment hair looks more natural and doesn’t look too brassy. A good rule of thumb for choosing the right colour for your new look is to select something that is two shades lighter than the colour that you want to be. This will ensure that you don’t end up with permanent red hair that is too dark for your skin tone.
How to achieve the caramel treatment hair in a salon?
If you want to achieve a full caramel treatment in a salon, you will have to bleach your hair first. After that, your hair stylist will have to apply the treatment and let it sit on your hair for around 30 minutes. The whole process will take around 4-5 hours, but the results are definitely worth it.
The perfect caramel hair color
To achieve the perfect caramel hair color, you’ll have to go through a few different treatments, ranging from light brown to dark red. You can achieve this look by adding highlights to your hair. You can also do a full head of highlights or a full head of lowlights. It can also go for a root touch-up, which is when you dye your hair at the root so that it is darker than the rest of your hair. This is often done on people with very dark hair who want to add highlights. But don’t want to bleach their hair first. You should also keep in mind that darker shades of hair colour tend to fade faster than lighter hair colour. So you might have to go back to the salon a few times every year to get it retouched up a bit.
Preparing for the caramel treatment hair colour
1. Wash your hair thoroughly before starting the treatment. You want to make sure that any product residue is removed from your scalp. If you have a conditioner in your hair, wash it out first.
2. Shampoo your hair twice, once with a shampoo designed specifically for coloured hair, then again with regular shampoo. Make sure to rinse well.
3. Apply a leave-in conditioner to damp hair. Waiting for at least 30 minutes.
4. After the leave-in conditioner dries, comb your hair gently, focusing on the ends. Gently brush away tangles and knots.
5. Wrap your head in plastic wrap and secure it using rubber bands, tape, or bobby pins.
6. Place two cups of water in a saucepan over high heat until boiling. Stir to combine. Add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Mix to combine.
7. Pour the mixture over your hair and cover your head with a shower cap. Let sit for 10 minutes.
8. Rinse your hair thoroughly and apply a moisturizing conditioner.
9. Blow dry your hair gently and style as desired.
10. Use a styling wax to seal your hair.
The caramel treatment is a great way to gradually lighten your hair without having to bleach it, which can be damaging to your hair. If you want to achieve a rich caramel color, you can opt for a root touch-up, or you can go with a permanent color and do some highlights. You can always ask your stylist for advice if you’re not sure which option is best for you! With these tips and tricks, you can get the perfect caramel hair color in no time. Just remember that patience and persistence are keys to success.